Rosacea is a skin condition that causes blushing or flushing and visible blood vessels in your face. It may also produce small, pus-filled bumps.
Rosacea may flare up for weeks to months and then go away for a while. It can affect anyone. There is no cure for rosacea, but Laser Treatment and prescribed medication can control and reduce the signs and symptoms.
Signs and symptoms of rosacea include:
- Facial blushing or flushing. Rosacea can cause a persistent blushing or flushing in the central part of your face. If you have skin of color, the affected area might show patches of darker skin or a dusky brown discoloration.
- Visible veins. Small blood vessels of your nose and cheeks break and become visible (spider veins).
- Swollen bumps. Many people with rosacea also develop pimples on their face that resemble acne. These bumps sometimes contain pus.
- Burning sensation. The skin of the affected area may feel hot and tender.
- Eye problems. Many people with rosacea also experience dry, irritated, swollen eyes and eyelids. This is known as ocular rosacea. In some people, the eye symptoms precede the skin symptoms.
- Enlarged nose. Over time, rosacea can thicken the skin on the nose, causing the nose to appear bulbous (rhinophyma). This occurs more often in men than in women.
IPL face revitalisation, Laser face revitalisation, FOTONA Laser or prescribed creams are treatment options that can be consider to manage rosacea.
*Individual results may vary